SHOW

SELAMAT DATANG | SEMOGA SITUS INI BISA BERMANFAAT DAN MENGINSPIRASI

Dropdown Menu

BELAJAR BAHASA INGGRIS: GIVING ADVICE



GIVING ADVICE

This unit introduces you specific language forms and expressions to a particular function. In doing her duty, a nurse usually gives some advice to the patients.  In this case, you should give special attention to a number of problem situation and suggested language forms which are appropriate to those situations.

A.     Dialogue
Mr. Ansori is complaining about his stomachache and Nurse Voni is giving her advice.
A:  Ansori                      N:  Nurse Voni
A   :  I’m afraid my stomachache will be getting worse, Nurse.
N   :  Have you taken your medicine?
A   :  No, I haven’t.  I forgot, Nurse.
N   : Oh! You should take your medicine regularly. And I’m sure you will be better soon.
A   :  Ok, I will do it, Nurse.  Thank you very much.

B.      Useful Expressions
·         I’d like to suggest you that……
·         Why don’t you……….Mr. Jack.
·         It’s better for you to…….
·         My suggestion is…….
·         I think you should…….
·         I suggest you to………
·         The best way to do is…..
·         If you ask my advice, you have to……..
·         You should………

C.     Vocabulary
Kinds of diseases






D.     Practice
Answer all these questions.
·         How to face a hopeless patient?
·         What is your advice to your patient when she is in pregnancy?
·         Give your suggestion in improving the quality of Indonesian nurses.
·         What should you do if you found one of your friends can not speak English at all?



Related Articles:

No comments:

Post a Comment