SHOW

SELAMAT DATANG | SEMOGA SITUS INI BISA BERMANFAAT DAN MENGINSPIRASI

Dropdown Menu

BELAJAR BAHASA INGGRIS: OFFERING SOMETHING



OFFERING SOMETHING

A patient in hospital needs different and various meals.  It depends on his / her disease.  Hospital patients are served breakfast, a morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner.  There fore, this unit gives some useful expressions that can be used at a nurse work.

A.     Dialogue
N:  Nurse               P:  Patient
N   :  did you sleep well last night?
P    :  yes I did, but now I’m very hungry, nurse.
N   :  what would you like to eat, madam?
P    :  I’d like to have a hot soup with meat in it.
N   :  oh, I’m sorry you are not allowed to consume meat.
P    :  oh that’s ok, just soup with carrot and potatoes.  I hope it would be nice.
N   :  and what would you like to drink?
P    :  I think it would be nice to drink a glass of avocado juice. 
N   :  ok!  Please, wait a minute I’ll take it.
P    :  you are very kind, nurse.
N   :  thank you.

B.      Useful Expressions
·         What would you like to eat, Mr. Hadi?
·         What would you like to drink?
·         I have coffee, tea and milk.
·         I’d like to have plain rice.
·         Please, do not drink, eat or smoke after midnight.
·         You must have an empty stomach tomorrow morning.
·         Can I help you?
·         Let me shave your moustache.
·         Let me cut your nails.
·         Do you want me to comb your hair?

C.     Vocabulary
·         Soup spoon
·         Coffee spoon
·         Fork
·         Napkin
·         Soup plate
·         Big plate
·         Glass
·         Dessert
·         Fish soup
·         Fried prawn
·         Meal
·         Order
·         Spend
·         Enjoy
·         Keep

D.     Practice
·         Build a dialogue between a nurse and a patient about meals and drinks


Related Articles:

No comments:

Post a Comment